OKC, Miami superintendents make wager
BY RYAN ABER email@example.com The Oklahoma City and Miami mayors aren't the only officials from the two cities wagering on the NBA Finals. Oklahoma City Public School Superintendent Karl Springer and Miami-Dade County Public School Superintendent Alberto Carvalho have made a wager that will be paid off when school resumes in August. If the Thunder win, Carvalho will wear a Thunder jersey and teach a lesson on Oklahoma history to Miami-Dad County public school students. If the Heat win, Springer will wear a Heat jersey and teach a class on Florida history at an OKCPS site. "I am looking forward to seeing the pictures from Miami when Mc. Carvalho wears the OKC Thunder blue," Springer said in a release. "I have full confidence in our team and this is a great chance for Floridians to learn more about Oklahoma City and our state." OKCPS classes start Aug. 1, while Miami-Dade County Public Schools begin Aug. 20.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients