Oklahoma City Thunder: The other side of irrational fans
I was sitting on the beach today, counting down the hours to Game 5 of the NBA Finals, when I received a great gift. A good laugh. I got an email from a reader in response to my blog from yesterday, about the irrational Thunder fan. You can read that post here.
If you remember, “Bob” wanted Steve Nash signed, Scotty Brooks and Kendrick Perkins gone, and Russell Westbrook moved to shooting guard. Here’s the email I got in response:
I’m writing in response to your article/email from Bob, the ‘irrational’ Thunder fan. I think your responses to each of his arguments were spot on. I agreed with pretty much every one of them … and I know, because I have given those same responses to those very same criticisms for the last month. Because Bob is my dad!
I guess he didn’t like my responses to his emails weekly about those same points, so he decided to forward them on to you and see if he could get some agreement! The Thunder have some shortfalls that they need to address, but its the NBA Finals! They made it. I try to tell him to just enjoy it! We love Dad, but he tends to have very tough love for the sports teams he supports. The Sooners, Thunder, his hometown team, the Washington Redskins. Heck, he wanted Joe Gibbs and Joe Theismann gone every year, and we don’t even need to go into the Sooners, Stoops and the failed national championship games recently!
Those are some great conversations. It’s a lot of fun to banter back and forth with him about sports even with all the negativity. That’s what fathers and sons should do. Thanks for being a part of our game!”
Well, that’s just overwhelmingly good stuff. Totally made my day. Hope it brightened yours.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients