Utah’s Demarre Carroll calls Kevin Durant’s flagrant foul a ‘dirty’ play
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
The technicals have come in waves for Kevin Durant this season, inciting a never-ending stream of ‘KD is not nice’ jokes, which pay homage to the Nike branding campaign he’s taken quite literally.
Well, Twitter comedians rejoice. The material just keeps coming.
Along with his 10 first-half technicals (already more than doubling his previous career-high), Durant finally has a flagrant foul to his name.
Six years into his career, he picked up his first one last night in a 109-94 loss in Utah, intentionally bumping Utah second-year player Alec Burks after a frustrating night.
And the push seemed to draw the ire of DeMarre Carroll, the Jazz’s third-year pro who confronted KD in the game and tried to sound like a 10-year veteran after it.
“I just told him, ‘Don’t be playing dirty out here. If you’re going to play dirty, play dirty in the park. We’re not going to be playing dirty out here,’ “ Carroll told the Salt Lake Tribune.
He continued: ”Burks is a young guy. He really ain’t going to stand up for himself so … I know I might not have all the money to give away but, hey, I’ll take a stand for my man Burks.”
Durant’s response, according to what Carroll told the Salt Lake Tribune?
“He told me, ‘Get out of my face with that,’ ” Carroll said. “I was like, ‘It is what it is.’ ”
What does it all mean? Nothing really, in the long run. Except for a few more of those ‘KD is not nice’ jokes.
But it could provide for pretty interesting drama when these two meet up again. And as it stands right now, they’d matchup in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs, as the 7 v 2 matchup.
Particularly intriguing, considering the tweet Durant sent out postgame last night.
Anyway, here’s highlights of the game. The Burks-Durant-Carroll incident happens around the 2:19 mark:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients