VIDEO: Russell Westbrook snaps at the media during postgame questioning
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Following emotional games, particularly losses, Russell Westbrook can be a tepid recipient to inquiring media minds.
That’s how he’s been. That’s how he’ll likely always be.
But as of late, his patience seems to be running a bit thinner than usual.
Take last month’s in-game blow-up against Memphis for example, which was followed by a classic postgame back-and-forth with TNT’s Craig Sager, ending with a ‘If that’s what you say, bruh?’ shrug and stare (can be seen here).
Then came Tuesday night in Utah, following the Thunder’s worst loss in more than a month (margin of victory-wise), a 109-94 defeat to the Jazz, Westbrook snapped on a reporter after a generic but innocent question.
In his postgame nuggets, Darnell Mayberry had the details:
Westbrook simply walked off. The temperamental team captain got fed up with a reporter’s question and suddenly turned his back and ended the interview before walking away. The exchange was as follows. “Russell, did you guys lose this game, or did the Jazz win this one?” Westbrook: “Whaaaaat? Bro, what are you talking about, man? I’m out man. Y’all n***** trippin’.”
Here’s video of the event. Take from it what you’d like:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients