Oklahoma City Thunder: All that’s lacking is an NBA title
Did you catch the stat the Thunder trotted out while announcing Scotty Brooks’ new contract? That the Thunder has the NBA’s third-best record over the last three seasons? I hadn’t thought about it, but when you remember that the Thunder has had three straight strong seasons – 50-32, 55-27 and 47-19 (equivalent to 58 wins in an 82-game season) – it stands to reason.
Here’s the top five teams in terms of regular-season record the last three years:
1.San Antonio 161-69
3.Oklahoma City 152-78
5. Dallas 148-82
But franchises don’t aim for the greatest regular season. The playoffs are where bread is buttered, and the Thunder has been a force the last three years, winning five series out of eight. All that’s missing from the Thunder resume’ is an NBA championship. Of course, that’s the hardest puzzle piece to solve.
In the last three years, here is how the franchises rate in terms of playoff series records, which also shows just how far up the flag pole the Thunder has scaled:
2. LA Lakers 6-2
5.Oklahoma City 5-3
6.San Antonio 3-3
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients