Kendrick Perkins Answers Your Questions
Thunder center Kendrick Perkins sat down with ESPN.com’s SportsNation today and answered fans’ questions on a variety of topics. You can read the full chat here. But here are some of the more interesting things Perkins discussed.
On how close the Thunder is to winning a title and what is needed that wasn’t there last year:
I think we’re really close to winning the championship. We just lacked a little experience this year. We’re very close. We just have to stay home and keep on with the hard work. The sky is the limit. We have a big scorer in Kevin Durant. We have an all-star in Russell. As long as guys keep working and staying together, we’ll be good.
On whether he’s looking to play overseas:
Yeah, I thought about it. I’m just trying to decide. I’m waiting to see how far they’ll go with the lockout. It’s all timing. It will come time to decide. I have thought about it.
On how his knees are feeling:
I’ve been working hard this summer. They feel great. I’m definitely going to try to get back to my early stages before getting hurt. I’ll be playing without my braces. I’m excited to get back out on the court.
On what he likes most about being with the Thunder:
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3613How to help tornado victims
- 3586Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3014Oklahoma City Thunder: In his absence, Russell Westbrook's value becomes obvious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients