By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Less about the result, more about the fans. Less about the substance, more about the style. Less about the fundamentals, more about the entertainment.
Welcome to the 2013 NBA All-Star Game. Or, really, any other All-Star game that’s ever taken place.
If you care about the score or stats, here they are: The West won 143-138, Chris Paul won MVP, Kevin Durant finished with a game-high 30 points and Russell Westbrook added 14.
But if you’re more concerned with the highlights (and there were plenty of them), enjoy the compilation below.
Here are the five best Thunder-related plays from this year’s showcase event:
5. Durant with the spin and slam on Dwyane Wade. What spirited defense these guys are playing. Reminds me of half the Big 12 secondaries this season.
4. ‘Why not?’ Westbrook throwing up a ‘Why not?’ reverse. Because, well, why not?
3. Reverse to start it off. This was the first of Durant’s SEVEN dunks
2. The 2012 Thunder core back together. You’ve got James Harden on the alley, Russell Westbrook on the oop and Kevin Durant on the sidelines, doing some strange version of the Cabbage Patch dance (my personal favorite part of the play).
1. Sweet pass from Chris Paul, sweet finish from Kevin Durant.
BONUS: Sweeter pass by Chris Paul, sweeter finish by Kevin Durant. My personal favorite dunk of the night.