More Power Lunch Chat Questions And Answers
Every week I do a 30-minute chat at NewsOK.com. Most times, I can’t get to all the questions and comments in that slotted time. Sometimes I go over just to get to more questions. Today, I had to scoot.
So here are the leftover questions and comments from this morning’s chat. If you would like to join the conversation, I generally chat every Monday at 11 a.m. central.
From Guest: Why don’t the Thunder sig someone like Terrence Williams or Alonzo Gee? Someone who can score off the bench.
A: Who would they play ahead of? Any time you find yourself asking a question like that, first ask yourself who that player would play in front of.
From realtt41: I wanna see Chauncey Billups in Thunder jersey. Is there a any chance for C-Bill? Mid-level for him?
A: Nope. Just re-signed with the Clippers.
From Guest: If Ibaka is traded who could you see replacing him?
A: Depends. If the Thunder loses him it’ll be because of money reasons. That would then mean his replacement couldn’t be a high-salaried player. So maybe Nick Collison steps in as a starter. Maybe Perry Jones will be ready. Either way, it’s going to have to be an inexpensive contract. So that limits the options and eliminates all the big names that everyone would love to have.
From Ramsey: T-Mac could spell KD could also play with Durant at the four and just veteran leadership down the road.
A: Yeah, and he’s also not a very good player anymore. No thanks.
From Guest: The Orlando Summer league games will be on NBATV.
A: I think this was a comment in response to my earlier uncertainty. I have since gotten confirmation from the league that the games will both be on NBA TV and broadcasted online as part of the NBA’s broadband package you can purchase for $14.99.
From Guest: When does the NBA schedules come out?
A: The NBA released the league-wide schedule on July 19 last year. But that was earlier than normal. In 2010, the league released the schedule on Aug. 3. In 2009, the league released the schedule on Aug. 4. In 2008, the league released it on August 6.
From Ñ: Por curiosidad, sabes algo de español (do you know any spanish?)
A: Unfortunately, I don’t. Strongly considering investing in Rosetta Stone, though.
From realtt41: What is the hard cap limit? And Will Thunder use hard cap limit? Also we must re-sign Harden and Ibaka
A: There is no such thing as a hard cap limit. The NBA has a soft salary cap. For this past season it was $58.044 million. The tax level was set at $70.307. If a team surpasses that tax threshold, it must then pay additional money for every dollar it exceeds that figure. It will be tough for the Thunder to make that kind of financial commitment. Therefore, it’ll be extremely tough for the Thunder to re-sign Harden and Ibaka.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients