NBA offseason moves: What are the odds?
With trades and free agency swirling throughout the NBA, oddsmaker RJ Bell of Pregame.com has been adjusting betting odds for the 2012-13 season accordingly. Deals do not become final until July 11, when the league moratorium ends, but here is a look at some of the adjustments made in the past few days:
Big recent odds changes:
* The Los Angeles Lakers were 12 to 1, but are now 8 to 1 after obtaining Steve Nash in a trade with Phoenix.
* The Phoenix Suns were 60 to 1 with Nash, but are now 100 to 1, despite the pending signatures of Goran Dragic and Michael Beasley.
* The New Jersey Nets were 100 to 1, but are now 40 to 1 after retaining Deron Williams and Gerald Wallace and luring Joe Johnson and Reggie Evans.
* The Miami Heat were 3 to 1 (and tied with the Thunder), but are now the lone favorites at 2 to 1. Presumably, this is due to knee surgery and rest for Dwyane Wade, plus rest and recovery for Chris Bosh, both of whom will not play in the Summer Olympics in London, and also because of the potential signing of Boston free agent Ray Allen.
Consensus opinion from Las Vegas:
* Jason Kidd’s impact in Vegas in going to the New York Knicks: close to ZERO
* Jeremy Lin’s impact if he stays in New York or goes to Houston: close to ZERO
* If the Boston Celtics lose Allen to the Heat, their title odds would worsen only modestly, from 20-1 to an estimated 22-1.
* If the Nets acquire Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard (while keeping Williams and Johnson), their title odds would move from 40-1 down to an estimated 12-1, making them the sixth favorite trailing only the Heat, Thunder, Bulls, Lakers, and Spurs.
* If the Lakers swapped Andrew Bynum for Howard straight-up, their title odds improvement would be quite modest from 8-1 to an estimated 7-1.
Current 2012/13 NBA Title Odds
|Los Angeles Lakers||8||to||1|
|San Antonio Spurs||10||to||1|
|Los Angeles Clippers||25||to||1|
|New York Knicks||30||to||1|
|New Jersey Nets||40||to||1|
|New Orleans Hornets||120||to||1|
|Golden State Warriors||130||to||1|
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 98297Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16555OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13177Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8674Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8399Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8073How to help tornado victims
- 7770Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6639Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6423Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients