Rapid reaction: Thunder smash Hornets 119-74 for season sweep
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Oklahoma City thrashed the Hornets again on Wednesday, winning 119-74. Here’s some rapid reaction:
Just hours before tip, it was announced that Anthony Davis and Eric Gordon, two of the Hornets most dynamic players, would miss the game with lingering injuries.
It was over when…
…The Thunder, like they normally do in The Peake, quickly and easily took care of a scuffling opponent. OKC’s nine-point first quarter lead ballooned to 17 points by halftime and 36 by the end of the third quarter. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook sat the entire fourth quarter for the 12th time this season. And the bench players mopped up a fourth consecutive dominant win over the Hornets this season. The victories have come by an average of 21.5 points.
Star of the game – Kevin Durant
Kevin Durant, who finished with 18 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in 27 effortless minutes, recorded his second triple-double in the past four games. That’s a bit crazy, considering KD had only one triple-double in the first 432 games of his career and didn’t record one in his first five seasons. Shows you the continued development of his versatile game.
The prettiest of Durant’s 10 assists:
Stats of note
-Russell Westbrook finished the month of February 98-of-195 from the field. That’s 50.2 percent, the highest FG% month of his career.
-Since the All-Star Break, OKC is shooting a ridiculous 93.2 percent from the free throw line (97/104 as a team).
-The Thunder is now 19-1 at home against Western Conference teams.
-Reggie Jackson had a career-high 14 points.
Derek Fisher shot 0-of-4 (all threes) in 21 minutes, but did add two assists and a steal. Ronnie Brewer had five points, four rebounds, an assist and two steals in 12 minutes (all garbage time).
Though this was funny
The Thunder have an interesting two-game road trip coming up, going to Denver on Friday night before a Sunday matchup with the Clippers. Both are playoff teams. Both will be intriguing tests.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4837Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4836Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4267Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients