Q&A With Hasheem Thabeet
Q: What attracted you to the Thunder?
A: The organization. I like the system. I’ve been playing against them a lot, and the way they do things I really like it. That’s pretty much it.
Q: What do you expect in your first season with the Thunder?
A: Just come in ready to work. I don’t expect too much here. I’ve got to establish my position on the team, so I’ve just got to work and come in ready.
Q: What kind of feedback have you gotten from the coaches during your private workouts with them this week in Orlando?
A: I’ve got to be ready to work. I’ve got to get in shape. They told me that with this organization everything you get you have to work for it. Nothing is going to be given. You’ve got to come in here and just work.
Q: This is now your fourth team in four seasons. What do you think will be different about this team?
A: It’s a different situation, a new situation. Just come in with a defensive mentality. It’s not about the past. It’s about what I have now and what I face now. So, again, my work will be the key.
Q: What are you most looking forward to as a member of the Thunder?
A: Winning. It’s been a great winning program so I just got to come in ready to play and establish my position.
Q: How have you handled the expectations that came with being a No. 2 overall pick? Was it too much at times, people expecting you to be a dominant player?
A: Everybody has different perspectives of the situation. I really don’t dwell on my past. This is a different situation. I’ve got to come in, establish my position and work hard. That’s the only thing I can control. I can’t control my past. I’ve just got to enjoy what I face right now.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients