OKC Thunder’s flag football roster
Evidently, Kevin Durant has accepted LeBron James’ challenge to a flag football game. It was on Twitter, so it must be true:
On Day 123 of the NBA lockout, Durant was at bored at his OKC home on Halloween night and asked via Twitter if anyone locally was playing flag football. What transpired was one of the coolest impromptu events ever to hit Stillwater.
OKC Thunder coach Scott Brooks and general manager Sam Presti no doubt cringe at the thought of their franchise player (due to start a five-year extension whenever next season starts) challenging the 6-foot-8, 260-poundish James on a football field. Doing so on a basketball court is crazy enough. The dude could start next Sunday for the Cleveland Browns … um, the Miami Dolphins.
Durant claims he has his flag football team ready to go. Thunder players organized four-day workout sessions this summer in Austin, Texas, and Lexington, Ky., so it’s not outlandish to think they would gladly huddle up as a flag football team to pass the time.
Here is a breakdown of the OKC Thunder flag football roster, with positions:
Kevin Durant — WR/FS: With Durant’s 7-foot-5 wingspan, every pass attempt should be a fade route, even from the Thunder’s own 10-yard line. If there’s a jump ball, offensively or defensively, it’s his. Boring, but effective.
Russell Westbrook — QB/CB: Best athlete on the field, including LeBron. A Michael Vick type. (Did you know Westbrook writes left-handed?) No matter how many completions he has, national media will complain Westbrook should have passed the ball more to Durant.
Kendrick Perkins — DL: Only non-platoon player on roster because of fragile knees. Ndamukong Suh’s attitude. Most penalized player in flag football.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4051Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3988Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3664As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients