NBA players respond to the league’s decision not to suspend Serge Ibaka
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
First it was Kobe, not bashful when giving his opinion of the groin punch Serge Ibaka delivered to Blake Griffin on Sunday afternoon.
“I would have smacked him in the mouth,” Kobe told reporters yesterday.
And now, after the league came down with its decision to fine Ibaka $25,000 but not suspend the Thunder big man, more NBA players have delivered their opinion on the latest hot topic.
Here’s Clippers wing Matt Barnes with his typically unfiltered opinion:
Then Blake Griffin, the victim in this incident, delivered this gem (paying homage to his popular Kia advertisements):
Finally, LeBron and Dwyane Wade weighed in. Wade was suspended earlier this season by the NBA after they deemed he intentionally kicked Ramon Sessions in the groin (video below). James and Wade have differing dollar amounts, but it’s clear the fine was much more substantial than Ibaka’s:
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5016Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4897Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4295Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients