Scott Brooks Talking Shot Distribution
The final box score Monday night ended up being an eyesore and not just because of the final score.
Once again, Russell Westbrook had taken more shots than Kevin Durant. Much more.
This time, even the biggest Westbrook supporters couldn’t justify what the numbers showed.
Westbrook 27, Durant 13.
Fourteen more shots Westbrook took. One less point he ultimately scored.
Final score: Spurs 105, Thunder 93.
“That’s not going to happen often,” said Thunder coach Scott Brooks. “But there’s going to be times it happens. There’s going to be times it’s flip-flopped. The thing with Russell’s shots, I think eight of them were at the basket the last quarter. Because we were down a large number and we were trying to get some momentum and he was attacking the rim. I think all of his shots in the fourth quarter were right at the basket. I’m not going to complain too much about those.”
It wasn’t just a Westbrook-Durant thing.
Nobody else on the team attempted more than eight shots. The four starters not named Russell Westbrook combined for just 31 attempts, only four more than the point guard’s total.
“We have to find more shots for a lot of guys,” Brooks said. “We don’t want to just have one guy shoot 27 times and the other guys don’t. But there’s going to be times when Russell shoots and he’s been on a nice roll lately. For the last month and a half now he’s been making almost, if not, 50 percent of his shots. So we’re not concerned. We’re just focusing on finding good shots throughout the game.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4097OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4009Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3995Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients