OKC Thunder: Russell Westbrook interviewed on SportsCenter
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Enjoying an abbreviated offseason in the city he once starred, Russell Westbrook made a quick business stop on Tuesday night.
The Thunder guard, wearing gold shoes and glasses to go along with some strange salmon pants, showed up at ESPN’s Los Angeles studio, joining the late SportsCenter for an interview and promotional segment.
ESPN anchor Neil Everett conducted the brief conversation, joking with Westbrook about his glasses before asking him the expected questions. You know, the ones every Thunder star has been getting the past few weeks. Throw in a combination of Olympics, NBA Finals and Lakers discussion, just mix up the words you use to ask them.
Here’s the transcript:
What’s the best story you can tell us off the court in London?
RW: Just meeting other athletes, enjoying the time there. It’s amazing how they come up to you so excited to see you.
What was the most memorable thing on the court?
RW: Has to be us winning the gold medal. It was a great feeling for me, we had a great group of guys and it was fun.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4515Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4139Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients