Bob McAdoo still favors Thunder in the West
Former Los Angeles Lakers player and current Miami Heat assistant coach Bob McAdoo has been a member of the two teams many are picking to meet in the 2013 NBA Finals. The Heat defeated OKC 4-1 in the 2012 Finals and McAdoo remains unwavered in what he thinks of the Thunder.
Despite the Lakers acquiring point guard Steve Nash and center Dwight Howard during the offseason, McAdoo said he believes OKC remains the team to beat in the Western Conference.
McAdoo’s daughter, Rasheeda, played in the U.S. Junior Open tennis tournament, While watching her play, McAdoo spoke to the New York Post. “We got to get there but I still feel OKC is the team to beat in the West,’” said the Hall of Famer, who played for the Lakers from 1981-85. “Everyone’s talking about how they (the Lakers) got better, but I still think (OKC) is the team to beat. They’re still young and got experience of a championship series.”
Many have compared the game of three-time scoring champion Kevin Durant to a young McAdoo, who also won three straight scoring titles (1973-76). You can read McAdoo’s reaction in this story done by The Oklahoman‘s John Helsley during last year’s NBA Finals.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients