Scott Brooks resides in Lakers territory
During the offseason, Thunder coach Scott Brooks resides in Newport Beach, Calif., which is roughly 45 miles south of Staples Center, home to the revamped Los Angeles Lakers.
Brooks was at Pelican Hill Golf Club on Tuesday for his annual tournament that benefits his alma mater, UC Irvine, and wound up surrounded by Laker lovers. The scene is described by Orange County Register columnist Jim Miller in this story.
“We have 36 foursomes out there … and there are 144 Lakers fans out there,” Brooks said. ”They’re Laker fans, and why shouldn’t they be? … Everybody’s a Laker fan. Everybody’s excited about what they’ve done.”
The Lakers added center Dwight Howard and point guard Steve Nash this offseason and many have them picked to win the Western Conference over the defending champion Thunder.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients