Thunder players have animal instincts
Three-time scoring champ and Olympic gold medalist Kevin Durant had a hectic summer and was unaware a red panda had been named in his honor at the Oklahoma City Zoo.
KayDee was born June 6, the same night the Thunder clinched the Western Conference title in Game 6 against the San Antonio Spurs. She was named by keeper Chrislyn Newton, who is a big Thunder fan.
Durant laughed when the news was shared at Media Day on Monday.
“You serious?” Durant asked. “Wow. Thank you. That’s a first. Feels good.”
“I’m not at KD’s level yet,” Harden said.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8389Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7117Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients