Nate Robinson Not Returning To The Thunder
Thunder guard Nate Robinson will not report to training camp and is expected to soon part ways with the team.
Robinson’s agent, Aaron Goodwin, said Thursday night that Robinson will remain in his native Seattle while the two sides search for a solution.
“They don’t plan on using him in their rotation, and we wanted to see if we could find a better opportunity somewhere else,” Goodwin said.
The Thunder could agree to a buyout with Robinson, trade him or use the amnesty clause in the new collective bargaining agreement. It’s unlikely that the Thunder will amnesty Robinson, however, because the team is under the salary cap and Robinson is scheduled to be paid a relatively inexpensive $4.5 million this season. The Thunder could hold onto its one-time amnesty option to use on a larger deal later so long as it was signed prior to July 1, 2011.
Robinson arrived in Oklahoma City in the trade that sent Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic to Boston in exchange for Kendrick Perkins. The 5-foot-5 point guard immediately became a fan favorite but was banished to the bench when he was squeezed out of coach Scott Brooks’ rotation.
Robinson played only four regular season games with the Thunder, averaging 3.3 points and 1.5 assists in 7.5 minutes.
If Robinson is waived, the Thunder will have 12 players under contract. Rookie Reggie Jackson is expected to be signed as early as Friday afternoon. Restricted free agent Daequan Cook is waiting for a contract extension as well.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17897Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15383Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11506Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11200'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10732Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9276OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8256Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6910Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6624Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6479Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients