David Stern Statement On CP3 Trade
The NBA has released a statement from commissioner David Stern regarding the vetoed trade of Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Since the NBA purchased the New Orleans Hornets, final responsibility for significant management decisions lies with the Commissioner’s Office in consultation with team chairman Jac Sperling. All decisions are made on the basis of what is in the best interests of the Hornets. In the case of the trade proposal that was made to the Hornets for Chris Paul, we decided, free from the influence of other NBA owners, that the team was better served with Chris in a Hornets uniform than by the outcome of the terms of that trade.”
I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that this paragraph isn’t the last we’ll hear about this fiasco.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4515Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4139Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients