An Apology To Royce White
After careful consideration, I have concluded that I owe Royce White, the millions of people coping with anxiety and their loved ones affected by their condition an apology. In a recent blog post I used an extremely poor choice of words in describing White, the promising rookie for the Houston Rockets. I called him a head case. For that, I am deeply sorry.
Though I was using the term loosely, and while it never was my intention to equate the term to White’s mental condition, I realize how my lapse in judgment turned into an insensitive remark about a very serious issue regarding mental health. The use of that phrase was a mistake. I should have known better. I should have policed myself better. I do not personally know Royce White and I was wrong to attack him. But it is my hope that I can meet Royce at the Thunder-Rockets preseason game in Hidalgo, Texas on Wednesday night and personally apologize for my mistake.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4210Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3961OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3936As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients