Did NBA 2K13 leak the Thunder’s new alternate jerseys?
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Two weeks ago, Sam Presti revealed that Oklahoma City would bust out its first ever alternate jersey at some point this season. Since then, Thunder fans have been itching for a glimpse of the new look.
And thanks to the ever-expanding digital age (and the above leaked photo from NBA 2K13), OKC faithful may have received their wish before the first preseason game has even tipped off. And we may have our first case of a video game breaking news.
Is the picture reliable? That remains to be seen. It’s hard to not be at least a bit skeptical when they can’t even spell Thunder correct (from now on, I vote we call bad OKC performances “Thudners”).
But there’s many people more connected than me (in the digital and NBA world) who seem to think these are the actual alternates.
The jersey’s a throwback look, with the ABA-style stripe logo down the side, as modeled by Digital Durant. It’s a darker shade of navy blue, as opposed to the team’s typical road jersey, and doesn’t provide the wow factor many believed it would.
Initial reaction over the interwebs seem to be relative disappointment at the ‘bland’ gear. But most Thunder fans are probably grateful they didn’t go all Maryland football and hit the other extreme.
But the NBA’s other alternate, debuting at the Nuggets’ media day, is a riskier look more along the lines of what people were hoping for. OKC fans, especially those with Oklahoma State ties, were hoping for an orange option to rival Denver’s yellow. But I’m not sure Clay Bennett (on OU’s Board of Regents) would approve.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients