Russell Westbrook officially signs with the Jordan Brand
Russell Westbrook is locked into his Oklahoma City deal for the foreseeable future, but in the shoe game, he’s been a highly-coveted free agent the past few weeks.
But the rumors have been squashed. Thunder fans who double as sneaker heads can breath easy. There will be no Adidas deal for Westbrook, as the Thunder guard has officially signed with the Jordan Brand.
“Twitter family immmm backkk and Officially #TeamJordan @Jumpman23 Ready to come fly with me?? #whynot,” Westbrook tweeted Thursday afternoon.
He fills the void of Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade, who mutually parted with the shoe company last week to pair with the Chinese shoe company Li-Ning.
Westbrook was with Nike the first four seasons of his career, but now joins other Olympic stars Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul as the face of the Jordan Brand.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7656Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7634Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6870UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients