Oklahoma City-Portland pregame: Three things to watch
Three OKC things to watch
1. Westbrook’s bounceback - The confident but streaky guard was off last night. No doubt about that. He went 6/21 shooting, committed six turnovers and got lost on Tony Parker’s game-winning shot. But that’s what you get with Westbrook, occasional implosions during a season full of positive impact. He’ll look to return to form tonight, in the home opener against Portland and, in the process, turn those Internet haters back to Westbrook lovers. At least for one night.
2. Ibaka’s offense - All preseason, Serge Ibaka showed a refined offensive game, extending his shooting range and improving his post moves. It didn’t show in the opener. Ibaka went 2/7 from the floor, while struggling to contain the aging (but still effective) Tim Duncan on the other end. On Friday, he faces another stout frontline, with All-Star Lamarcus Aldridge paired with the athletic J.J. Hickson.
3. Martin’s continued implementation - Test #1 was a success, with Kevin Martin slipping seamlessly into the James Harden bench role. He was third on the team with scoring, with 16 points, and showed an ability to make plays for others, adding six assists. Let’s see how day two goes.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients