Oklahoma City at Detroit: Three things to watch
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
The Thunder are in Detroit tonight, tipping at 6:30 p.m. against the winless Pistons. Here’s a pregame primer:
Three OKC things to watch
1. Energy - Basketball, so much of the time, is about energy and effort. If you don’t bring it, you’re likely to lose. OKC is a team known for relative consistency in its high-energy play. But, like anyone, there can be lapses. And Monday’s game provides the perfect stage for a letdown. Winners of four straight, the Thunder have to go on a silly one-game road trip to Detroit, facing the winless Pistons will likely thinking more about Wednesday’s nationally televised home showdown with Memphis, a hated rival who has won five straight games. Watch the energy level early.
2. Good Westbrook/Bad Westbrook - Oftentimes, he’s the barometer for this team. Do you get the Russell Westbrook who shot 10-15 last night, dropping 27 points, 10 assists and six rebounds? Or do you get the guy from one game before, who went 3-10 for a quiet 10 points during a prolonged struggle against the Pistons at home? Usually you can tell within the first five minutes.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients