By the numbers: OKC Thunder early-season update
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
The season is young, but it’s never too early to examine the numbers. Here’s a look at some telling statistics from Oklahoma City’s first nine games:
24.2 - Points per game for Kevin Durant. He hasn’t averaged below 25.3 since his rookie season (his only year in Seattle). The NBA’s three-time defending scoring champ is sixth right now, behind James Harden and Kyrie Irving, among others.
10.3 - Rebounds per game for Kevin Durant. He has never averaged more than 8.0 for a season. Currently, Durant is ninth in the NBA in rebounding, ahead of big men like Blake Griffin and Tim Duncan.
39.5 - Russell Westbrook’s shooting percentage. He’s a career 43 percent shooter, never dipping below 39.8 in a season (his rookie year).
8.1 - Russell Westbrook’s assists per game. Last season, he averaged 5.6, eclipsing double-digits only four times in 66 games. This season, he’s already had 10+ assists in three of nine contests, including 13 last night (more than he’s had in any game over the past two years).
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8192Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6372Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients