Rapid reaction: Oklahoma City cruises to 106-94 win over Utah
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Oklahoma City beat Utah 106-94 on Friday night. Here’s some rapid reaction:
Using a 15-5 run to start the fourth quarter, Utah cut the Thunder’s once comfortable lead to five points, scaring the home crowd but waking up the home team. OKC accepted the challenge, led by an amped up Russell Westbrook, going on a 9-2 run over the next two minutes to put the game out of reach.
Star of the game – Russell Westbrook
The Thunder’s high-strung point guard was wildly effective Friday night (with emphasis on the wild). From the jump, he had a different kind of energy, the kind no other human in the building is capable of giving. Westbrook blitzed the Jazz with his relentless motor, controlling the game in all facets and leading the Thunder to a relatively easy win. Nothing describes Westbrook’s crazy night as aptly as his stacked box score: 23 points, 13 rebounds, eight assists, seven steals and eight turnovers.
Storyline – Offense
Same as it has been the entire homestand. The Thunder is scoring at a crazy rate right now, putting up 100 or more points in eight consecutive games (the longest streak since the franchise relocated to Oklahoma City). And that’s been highlighted in the past three home games, where OKC is averaging 113.3 points on 52.5 percent shooting. Currently, the Thunder are averaging an NBA-best 105.4 points per game.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients