Rapid reaction: Oklahoma City takes down the Nets 117-111 in Brooklyn
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Oklahoma City beat Brooklyn 117-111 on Tuesday night, moving to 15-4 on the season. That’s six straight wins for the Thunder, the longest streak of the season. Here’s some rapid reaction.
Clutch KD showed up big in his first game in Brooklyn, scoring six of his game-high 32 points in a two-minute stretch with the game on the line. They came on silky jumpers, automatic free throws and an impressive drive. Last five minutes of the game, there’s no other player on the planet you’d rather have.
It was over when…
…Thabo Sefolosha rebounded a Russell Westbrook miss and put it in with 34 seconds left, extending the Thunder lead to six and essentially clinching the big road win. Brooklyn tried to make it interesting, with a late three and a dumb Thunder foul, but Thabo’s lay-in basically sealed it. And it was part of his season-high 14 points, that included 10 in the first six minutes but none bigger than the final two.
Rising – Kevin Durant’s scoring
Gone is that strange early-season form, when the three-time scoring champ was barely reaching 20 points while routinely throwing up double-digit rebounds. He’s back to his old form, the one Thunder fans love so much. The rebounding is down (he hasn’t gone for more than eight in the past eight games), but the scoring is up. He’s scored 32 or more in three of the past six games and is now averaging 26.5 points, third most in the NBA.
Falling – Thabeet’s role
There’s some games it seems Scott Brooks isn’t comfortable playing Thabeet extended minutes. He only played eight scoreless minutes against Houston last week and was held to six against Brooklyn Tuesday night. There’s still a role for him on the team, and his production has been a pleasant surprised, but watch his minutes going forward. They’ve been dwindling some.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 75968Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30909Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28067Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24729Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6906Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 6904Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6686Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6314Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 6228Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5710Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients