Rapid reaction: Oklahoma City beats Indiana 104-93 for eighth straight win
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Through three uncharacteristic quarters, Kevin Durant was 5-18 from the field, struggling to find his shot and allowing Indiana to stay in the game. But the scoring machine finally found his groove early in the fourth quarter, his favorite time, putting the Pacers away with four straight made shots and a quick 10 points.
It was over when…
…Russell Westbrook followed KD’s lead, erasing his early struggles with an impressive statement in the final minutes. It started with an out-of-nowhere block, turning away an oblivious dunk attempt from 7-foot-2 Roy Hibbert. And it ended with three straight smooth jumpers, capping off a 10-2 run to end the game with his vintage pull-ups.
Star of the game – Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin has been better than advertised since arriving in OKC (and he came with a well-earned scoring reputation). But as a member of the Thunder, he hasn’t put together a better half than he did Sunday night. Martin was unconscious in the first 24 minutes, coming off the bench to spark an initially lifeless offense. In the first half, Martin shot 6/7 for 22 points, while Westbrook and Durant (combined) struggled through a 5/19 showing for only 18 points. The stars were stars late, but they wouldn’t have been in that position if it weren’t for OKC’s quiet bench assassin.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients