Rapid reaction: Oklahoma City holds off Atlanta for 100-92 win
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Oklahoma City beat the Hawks 100-92 in Atlanta Wednesday night, extending a 12-game win streak and improving to 21-4 on the season. Here’s some rapid reaction:
Sensing an Atlanta comeback, with momentum squarely on the Hawks side, Kevin Durant took over in the fourth quarter. He was KD Clutch and then some, adding another spectacular chapter to his cold-blooded résumé. In the final 12 minutes, Durant went for 18 points (on 6/9 shooting) and five rebounds, squashing Atlanta’s initial hope and then ending all doubt.
It was over when…
…KD did this to Kyle Korver
Star of the game – Kevin Durant
Just a spectacular performance. Not much more to say about it. Durant scored a season-high 41 points on only 23 shots and grabbed 13 rebounds for his seventh double-double of the season.
The Thunder’s current 12-game win streak is the franchise’s best since moving to Oklahoma City.
Rising – Jeremy Lamb’s confidence
In the second most surprising development of the game (I mean, Hasheem Thabeet did drill a 12-footer), Scott Brooks gave Jeremy Lamb some extended playing time in the first half. And the rookie looked good. Lamb went 2/3 for five points in five smooth minutes, showing off his silky jumper that makes him such an asset moving forward. And he looked supremely confident for such a young guy.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients