Oklahoma City Thunder: Another tough division
At the quarter pole of the NBA season, seems like a good time to check in on the league’s parity. As in, has it gotten any better between the conferences?
Answer: Only a little bit. The beleaguered Eastern Conference, the inferior half of the NBA since sometime late in the Michael Jordan era, looks better this season. The Knickerbockers appear to be legit. The Netropolitans are much better. The Hawks have been a pleasant surprise. And LeBron James hasn’t gone anywhere; he’s still a Heater.
But the East also has some dregs. The East has four teams below a .300 winning percentage, and that’s even counting the woeful Charlotte Bobcats, who somehow have played competitive basketball and are 7-13 this season, matching their victory total of last season. But no way will Charlotte stay at a .350 clip.
Meanwhile, the West has only one team playing below .300, the New Orleans Hornets, who are in OKC tonight for a ballgame.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients