Oklahoma City Thunder: Russell Westbrook stays consistent
Here’s what I love about Russell Westbrook. His remarkable consistency. Not necessarily on the court, though that, too. I love Westbrook’s consistently mundane answers, because he offers them up to everyone.
The local media in the Thunder locker room? Mundane. The national media? Mundane.
Westbrook was on ESPN’s SVP & Russillo radio show Tuesday, and no matter how much hosts Ryan Russillo and Adnan Virk tried to get Westbrook to say something interesting, they had no chance.
Are you guys better this year?
Westbrook: “Not sure. I know for one thing, this year we’re taking things one day at a time, trying to get better.”
With James Harden gone in a trade, is it easier for you, knowing you won’t be playing off the ball at times, with Harden engineering the offense?
Westbrook: “Kind of goes both ways. Certain games, James would have it, sometimes I would have it, sometimes Kevin would have it. With James gone, we’ve just got to step up and make plays.”
Big win over the Spurs last night. What can that do for the team?
Westbrook: “It can help us. Spurs are a great team. They move the ball well. Especially on the road, they’re a good team. Been together for awhile. That’s a big win.”
What’s the secret of your current hot streak?
Westbrook: “Taking it one game at a time. We take it one game at a time. Let the rest take care of itself.”
How close are you with Kevin Durant?
Westbrook: “Very close. Me and Kevin, we communicate all the time. Talk about different things. We’ve been close since we came into the league. Never been a problem with that.”
How important is that helping you with each other’s games?
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims
- 8692Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 8481Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients