Orange girl power
With all the football gloom and doom in Stillwater, at least Oklahoma State’s women’s sports are giving the orange-clad faithful something to celebrate.
The Cowgirl soccer team scored a big-time upset victory Sunday at the Notre Dame Inn At Saint Mary’s Classic. It defeated Notre Dame 2-1 in overtime in South Bend.
OSU coach Colin Carmichael called the victory the biggest in the program’s history.
Hard to argue.
Notre Dame was the NCAA runner-up a year ago and ranked ninth in the nation. The Fighting Irish also had a 43-game home unbeaten streak.
Sasa Jackson scored the game winner on an assist from Kasey Langdon just 79 seconds into overtime.
Langdon, Yolanda Odenyo and Siera Strawser landed on the all-tournament team. Odenyo, the Cowgirls do-everything star, also snagged a spot on Soccer America Women’s Team of the Week. She moved from her usual midfield spot to defender in the win against Notre Dame.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients