It’s come down to this for Reid
You’ve gotta feel for Bobby Reid.
I’ll be the first one to say that Oklahoma State had to make a change at quarterback, benching Reid and starting Zac Robinson. But Reid has been such a huge part of the Cowboy offense for the past two years, and now his role has been reduced to this.
Trying to win the coin flip.
As a team captain, Reid’s biggest role right now is on the coin flip. Sure, the Cowboys will trot him out there for a play or two every now and again. They did early against Texas Tech, splitting Reid out wide at receiver and asking him to block on a pass to Adarius Bowman.
His moments of glory are few right now, and no matter what you think about Reid’s play to this point, you have to feel for the kid. This is a tough situation.
How he handles it is key. Even though Reid isn’t starting, he’s still a leader on this team. If he pouts, it won’t help these Cowboys. If he manages the situation well, though, both he and the team will be better for it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients