Love me some gymnastics
Stayed up last night to watch the U.S. men’s gymnastics team try to pull off the upset of the Olympics.
I suspect I wasn’t alone.
I know at least a few other folks were awake watching former Oklahoma star Jonathan Horton and the rest of the Americans in Beijing. I spent the evening at a watch party in Norman.
The watchers: the OU gymnastics teams.
I’m sure it was louder at the arena in Beijing, but I’m not sure how it could have been.
The current and former Sooners went nuts every time Horton hit a routine or stuck a landing, and last night, that meant they were going crazy pretty much all the time. The 22-year-old from Houston was on. He stuck landings on big routines four consecutive times, and for a time, the Americans looked like they might just win the silver medal.
No one thought it possible without the Hamm twins.
Horton almost made it so.
I’ll have more about Horton as well as his biggest supporters back in Norman a little later this morning on NewsOK.com. Check back later this morning for an early web exclusive.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients