Little League: Not must-see TV
This past weekend, I realized the true glory of these Olympic games.
While changing channels Saturday afternoon, I clicked across ESPN. The screen showed a commercial, but my handy dandy digital cable told me that Little League Baseball was on.
I kept right on clicking.
Watch my latest video commentary or keep reading below:
Most summers, the Little League World Series has these early days of August to itself. Football has yet to start. Baseball has yet to reach its fall fever pitch. That means if you want to watch games that actually mean something, you usually have to watch the Little League World Series.
Time was, I didn’t mind adding to the event’s TV rankings.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients