Get your hopes up, football fans
Two weeks into the college football season isn’t enough time to know everything about the local squads.
Still, two weeks is enough time to know this — it’s OK to be excited.
Watch my latest video commentary or continue reading below:
If you’re a college football fan in our fair state, go ahead and feel good about your team. Like where they’re headed. Speculate about what this season could be. Because it looks like things could be even better than expected for Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Tulsa.
The reason is two-fold — these teams are as good, maybe even better, than expected and their competition isn’t as good.
Let’s start with Oklahoma. A blowout of Tennessee-Chattanooga in Week 1 meant little, but beating up on Cincinnati in Week 2 showed that the Sooners have a stout squad. The offense is smooth, and the defense is able to adjust.
And if you look at the other teams at the top of the heap nationally, what the Sooners did in these first two weeks looks even better. Several of the top teams have struggled. Ohio State escaped Ohio. West Virginia lost to East Carolina. Those sorts of things open the door even wider for OU.
Oklahoma State’s door has opened even wider, too. The teams that the Cowboys are going to be trying to climb over in the Big 12 South are vulnerable. Texas A&M is weak, and Texas and Texas Tech aren’t as good as their rankings suggest.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients