Hard to celebrate these celebrations
The United States re-claimed the Ryder Cup over the weekend, and there was lots of celebrating along the way.
There were high fives and fist pumps, and frankly, some of it was ugly.
Watch my latest video commentary or continue reading below:
No, no, I’m not claiming unsportsmanlike conduct like the Europeans did on Friday. Apparently, they didn’t take too kindly to Boo Weekley and J.B. Holmes pumping up the crowd.
Earth to the Euros — golf needs more, not less, of that.
But I have to tell you — golfers need to work on their celebrations. There is not a stiffer bunch of celebrators in sports. They look so robotic, so mechanical.
Even Weekley did. Listen, he might have some of the most humble beginnings of any golfer. His Southern accent is as fun to listen to as any of the Europeans, and frankly, playing this weekend in Kentucky, it sounded like his accent thickened. But even Mr. Down Home looked a wee bit stiff every time he flapped his arms to encourage the crowd.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients