Dom Franks, meet Larry Birdine
So, Dom Franks went a little Larry Birdine on everyone Sunday.
You remember Birdine spouting off a few years ago. The Oklahoma defensive end said some things before the national championship game against Southern Cal that ended up looking down right silly after the Trojans blitzkrieged the Sooners.
Fast forward four years. Franks, a normally calm and collected defensive back, stepped out on a limb Sunday and said Florida signal caller Tim Tebow would’ve been the fourth-best quarterback in the Big 12 this season.
Truth is, you could make that argument with Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy and Graham Harrell.
But the other truth is, that is big-time bulletin board material for the Gators.
Listen, I’ll be the first to say that bulletin board material isn’t worth squat once the game starts. Winning and losing comes down to blocking and tackling, Xs and Os, not something someone said four days before the game.
Heck, the Gators have been offering up their own bulletin board material before they even secured a spot in the national championship game. Everyone from coaches to stars to reserves has offered up their two cents.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3956Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3349Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3325Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients