Super Bowl: Sticker shock
Super Bowl tickets or three 50″ plasma televisions?
Super Bowl tickets or a down payment on a house?
Super Bowl tickets or a used car?
Seems outrageous, but it’s true – the cost of tickets for Sunday’s Super Bowl is so high that you could do some pretty spectacular things with the same amount of money. This morning, the cheapest ticket on one popular Internet ticket site is $2,175. The most expensive? A premium club seat for $6,485.
Let’s have some fun with those numbers. Here’s a look at some of the things that you could buy with that money:
The Cheap Seat – $2,175
Venti coffees from Starbucks: 1,030
Gallons of unleaded gasoline: 737
$5 foot longs from Subway: 435
Snow shovels: 155
Snow blowers: 3
Pairs of Nike Zoom KD III: 24
Kevin Durant jerseys: 20
50″ plasma televisions: 3
The Club Seat – $6,485
Venti coffees from Starbucks: 3,073
Gallons of unleaded gasoline: 2,198
$5 foot longs from Subway: 1,297
Snow shovels: 463
Snow blowers: 10
Pairs of Nike Zoom KD III: 73
Kevin Durant jerseys: 61
50″ plasma televisions: 10
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3637Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3548Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3516As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients