Valentines Day comes early
The chatter at the nearby table could be heard above the lunchtime din.
“I want my picture taken with you,” one woman said to another.
Robbie Collison smiled.
The wife of Thunder forward Nick Collison is one of the leaders of Home Court Support, a group consisting of spouses and significant others of players, coaches and front office personnel with the NBA franchise. The women do community service projects throughout the season.
Monday, Home Court Support went to the YWCA on N.W. 39th Street to do a day of pampering before Valentines Day. The women who were treated to make-up and haircuts are domestic abuse victims currently living in the YWCA’s shelter for abused women and their children.
“The faces when they were in there … ,” Robbie Collison said, pointing to the room where all the pampering took place, “it’s been amazing.”
Home Court Support sought support for the project. Loc Salon not only sent a stylist who cut and styled hair but also provided the women with products for their new style. Lancome provided two make-up artists and gift bags for all the women. Cheever’s even catered the lunch.
“People are really willing to help out,” Robbie Collison said. “When they hear it’s for a good cause, they get involved.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3460Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3276Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3162Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients