Bull riders and baseball-sized hail
Sometimes you go out to interview a bull rider and you get to see baseball-sized hail.
That’s what happened to me today.
The Professional Bull Riders tour is rolling through Oklahoma City this weekend, and a few of the riders are in town already promoting the event which will kick off Friday night at the Ford Center. I went to the Express Personnel Barns north of Yukon early Tuesday afternoon to chat with Austin Meier, an up-and-coming star who will be the focus of my Page 2 Q&A on Saturday.
(You won’t want to miss that.)
Right after we started talking, it began raining. We were inside one of the metal barns, so it sounded worse than it was. Even when the pea-sized hail started to fall, we still knew the metal roof made it sound worse than it really was.
But as the hail got bigger and the noise got louder, we knew things actually were bad.
Put it this way — my car has seen better days.
Every vehicle there received serious hail damage, including big dents in the hoods and on the roofs. Most even had busted windshields; it looks like someone reared back from close range and fired a baseball at the windshields a couple times.
And that’s pretty much what happened.
Needless to say, I’ve already scheduled an appointment with the body shop.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4093As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3907Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3578OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients