Day named to honor local standout
Who wouldn’t mind having a day named in their honor?
That’s what Kansas State has decided to do for Danielle Zanotti. The former multi-sport standout from Mustang is a senior on the Wildcat women’s basketball, and Sunday when Oklahoma State plays in Manhattan, K-State will be celebrating “Danielle Zanotti Day.”
It couldn’t have happened to a better person.
Four years ago, Zanotti was selected as one of The Oklahoman/Jim Thorpe Scholar-Athletes of the Year. She was not only bright but also giving and caring and just genuinely nice. None of that has changed. Zanotti, a role player for the Wildcats, has been named to the Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor Roll every year she’s been at K-State. Ditto for being Academic All-Big 12.
No wonder K-State has designated Sunday as her day.
By the way, the school is encouraging residents of the Mustang and Yukon area to attend Sunday’s game. Sure, it would be a bit of a drive, but Zanotti has done her hometown and home state proud.
We should all be glad Zanotti calls herself an Oklahoman.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18441Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17118OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13848Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11264Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9500Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7869Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7538Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7363Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6380Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients