Dream scenario for Sooners
If Oklahoma wants a blueprint for success this postseason, all the Sooners need to do is pull out the film of Thursday’s game against Kansas.
The Sooners throttled the Jayhawks 76-59 in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 women’s basketball tournament, and while Courtney Paris’s 27-point, 14-rebound performance will be all the talk, OU blew out Kansas because of its balance.
Great outside shooting and dominant inside play.
Paris was fabulous, enthusiastic and energized. She played inspired basketball, like a senior who realizes her college career is winding down. Heck, she kind of played like someone who’d promised to repay her entire scholarship if her team failed to win the national championship.
(More about that later on NewsOK.com and in the Saturday Oklahoman.)
But as Paris was quick to point out, she had a much easier time of it Friday because of what her teammates did. Amanda Thompson and Danielle Robinson hit a barrage of mid-range jumpers to start the game and continued to have hot hands, which opened up the inside.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients