Next up for Sooners: Texas A&M Lite
Georgia Tech is next up for the Oklahoma women’s basketball team, and after watching the Yellow Jackets last night, they definitely have a familiar look.
They play a bit like Texas A&M.
Georgia Tech is quick and athletic, playing a maddening style of basketball that frustrates opponents. Or least that’s what it did Sunday night against Iowa. The Hawkeyes could never get into a flow against the Yellow Jackets, losing in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on their home floor.
Next up for Ga Tech: Oklahoma.
The Sooners have had their struggles against athletic squads like this. A couple years ago, it was Mississippi in the NCAA Tournament. This season, it was Texas A&M, which beat OU twice the past month.
The good news for the Sooners is that the Yellow Jackets aren’t quite as talented as the Aggies. They aren’t as polished or refined, but they could cause problems.
We’ll have more from Carver-Hawkeye Arena, so stay with NewsOK.com, then be sure to check out all of our coverage Tuesday in The Oklahoman.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients