OU’s Final Four road well-paved
Oklahoma might not have a yellow-brick road to the Final Four, but for Sherri Coale and Co., the path looks more and more golden.
Already, the No. 2 and No. 3 seeds have been knocked out of the Sooners’ regional. Second-seeded Auburn got the heave-ho Monday night, losing to Rutgers, and third-seeded North Carolina lost to Purdue. The Tigers had the look of a team that could give the Sooners problem with their up-and-down style, and the Tar Heels were a team that had already given the Sooners problems, beating them earlier this season.
But now, neither will stand between OU and the Final Four.
And remember, this was a path that was already slated to take the Sooners through Oklahoma City.
(Also, the No. 4 seed, Pittsburgh, is locked in a battle with 12th-seeded Gonzaga. We’ll keep you posted, but if Pitt goes down, OU could be in a regional with the No. 6. No. 7 and No. 12 seeds remaining.)
There is the little matter, though, of the Sooners making to the Ford Center themselves. They still have to beat Georgia Tech tomorrow in Iowa City, and while this seems like a good thing — playing the Yellow Jackets instead of the hometown Iowa Hawkeyes — the Rambling Wreck has the potential to run the Sooners off their Final Four road.
The Yellow Jackets are athletic, lacking great shooters but beating teams with their ability to get to the basket as well as rebound and put back their misses.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7121Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6843Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 5845Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients