Live in Iowa City
Amanda Thompson looks good in warm-ups for Oklahoma’s game against Georgia Tech.
The Sooner forward has been battling a foot injury, but she seems to be running and jumping well. She might be in a lot of pain, but if she is, she doing a good job hiding it.
She could be big for OU tonight against Georgia Tech’s athleticism.
Couple other items:
* The crowd is paltry tonight. No surprise there. Once the hometown team, Iowa, got knocked out, numbers were expected to decline from Sunday’s games. And while the crowd count might struggle to get over 1,000, I thought it might actually be worse than it is.
* Georgia Tech has an interesting drill in warm-ups. The players toss high passes into the air to each other to simulate rebounds coming off the rim. I’ve seen teams do similar drills at the rim, but I don’t know that I’ve ever seen many do it at half court before a game. Tells you how much the Yellow Jackets value rebounding.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients