From The Ford Center
Oklahoma took to the Ford Center floor about 15 minutes ago.
And the cheers were deafening.
The arena definitely isn’t full for tonight’s regional semifinals in the NCAA women’s basketball tournament. The curtain is pulled on about two-thirds of the upper deck, and the seats that are open upstairs aren’t full. The lower bowl, though, is almost at capacity.
Honestly, I thought there might be more folks than this.
Considering the paltry crowds at some of the other regionals, this is a fantastic turnout. But the advance sale numbers were big — nearly 10,000. It’ll be interesting to see what the attendance number ends up being tonight.
Might not break the all-time record for NCAA women’s basketball regionals, but I suspect it will easily be the biggest regional this year.
Stay tuned for more from The FC.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients