Playoffs will cost the Thunder
Momentum is building for what seems like a wild, if not wacky idea.
The Thunder in the playoffs — next season. Next season. As in the year after a 23-win campaign. As in the year after the team started the season by winning only one of its first 17 games.
I’m not sure I’m ready to buy this Thunder-in-the-playoffs theory. Oh, it sounds good. The thinking goes that the Thunder has lots of young talent that will continue to develop. Add that to a stability on the coaching staff, stability in the franchise and a potentially franchise-changing draft pick, and bah-da-bing bah-da-boom, the Thunder is a playoff team.
The thing is, a 46-win team in the Western Conference didn’t make the playoffs this year. If that happens again next year, the Thunder could double its win total and still not make the playoffs.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.