Coffee, toast and Turnberry
I absolutely love waking up, turning on the television and being able to watch a live sporting event.
This morning, of course, it’s the British Open, but even when it’s tennis or soccer or the Olympics, I totally dig starting the day with live sports. I wish I could explain why that is because golf, tennis, soccer and curling don’t rank among my favorite sports or anything, but if they are on first thing in the morning, I’ll park myself in front of the TV for as long as possible.
What a great way to start the day.
And when I head to the office, you’d better believe I commandeer the remote for the closest TV. But I know, of course, that many of you aren’t so lucky to have TVs close at hand. To that end, here are a couple of suggestions for your web browsing:
* The PGA Tour’s live scoring: It automatically updates every 30 seconds or so, and you can click on any player and see their scorecard. You can also select your own custom-made scoreboard, choosing the players you want to track.
* Dan Jenkins on Twitter: The long-time golf writer has joined the new-age communication method, and he is fantastic. Among his posts already today — “Tom Watson is tied for the lead after 10 holes. And I left all my notes from 1977 at home.” Well worth checking him out or better yet following him.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17023OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 16448Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12708Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12580Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9471Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7819Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7691Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7125Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6963Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6749Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients